Hi guys! I’m super happy to tell you I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Gemma from Little Miss Gem Travels -make sure to pop in! – Thank you so much for this early Christmas present!
The rules of this whole fun are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer 11 questions assigned to you by them
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers and notify them about it
- Prepare 11 questions for your favourite bloggers to answer
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
Here are my answers to the questions Gemma prepared for her nominees:
What is your blog’s name and how did you choose it?
My blog’s called IntoTheCity, as some of you may have noticed 😉 I’ve always been a city girl, the whole buzz of crowded streets is what fascinates me and keeps me inspired. I’m doing my best to pass on that sort of energy on the blog, hence the name.
How do you combat writer’s block?
When I started blogging I used to worry about it a lot, now I’m much more relaxed about things. I don’t try too hard, it’s not meant to last forever so I just take it easy. There are so many other things to enjoy in life so I focus on those. And then the inspiration comes in a blinking of an eye!
How much time do you spend planning blog posts and other social media posts?
Oh man, I’m hopeless at planning. I’ve tried to be organised but somehow it’s never worked out so the embarrassing truth is I don’t plan at all and let IntoTheCity live its own, random and spontaneous life, exactly like I do! 😉
Who is your favourite travel blogger and why?
Joy from My Traveling Joys as she often writes about places which are close to my heart. She’s a lovely person, too!
What is the best piece of travel advice you have received?
It’s actually packing advice my friend gave to me once- Iron clothes- as simple as this. You’ll really gain much more room in the suitcase this way.
Do you like to plan destinations and activities or do you like to be more spontaneous?
Before a journey I usually do some research (mainly on the blogs) so I tend to have a list of coffee shops, food markets, fashion spots and art galleries I want to visit prepared in advance. Which, I just realised, makes me sound like an organised person, but trust me, I’m not! It’s just I do mainly short trips so I try to make the most of them.
When you hear the word travel, what one word pops into your imagination?
Do you prefer to travel solo, with friends, or with family?
Friends and family I guess… but it all depends on the destination.
What is your earliest travel memory?
Perhaps a 5-year old me by the seaside catching jellyfish in a yellow bucket?
To any new and inexperienced travellers, where would you recommend as an ideal destination?
Really depends on what you like but for all those who enjoy the city with great coffee shops (and all the other shops!), vintage markets, the most beautiful riverside, breath-taking architecture, tonnes of arts and incredible music scene- London has it all!
Where is next on your travel wish list?
Would like to go to Amsterdam and Copenhagen if I get a chance. In the meantime I’m happy exploring my new city though and I just can’t get enough!
My nominees are:
- Kat behind Katnapped– for her humorous, unpretentious style of blogging, for having a lot of distance to herself and the world as a whole. She’s lovely, beautiful and authentic and she always makes me laugh <3
- Katrina behind LAKATWOMAN– for being a super sweet, feminine babe proving that girls aren’t here to compete with each other, they’re here to empower one another <3
- Alice behind Alice Catherine– not a new blogger for sure but every single picture she posts makes you want to be her! Her classy and nonchalant Parisian style with an edgy Mancunian twist is what I utterly adore. If you haven’t followed her yet, do it now, the girl just has it all!
- Leticia behind Tishhlah– for being a next door girl who’ll always give you tonnes of ideas and inspiration for whatever you need. She’s super sweet and kind, too <3
- Li-Chi behind Hello Li Chi Pan– for her elegance, simplicity and stunning (hear that? s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g!!!) photographs. They just make you look at the world through strawberries, rainbow and candy floss <3
And the questions for them:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What’s your biggest blogging success?
- What’s your biggest blogging challenge?
- What inspires you?
- What are your blogging goals?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- What’s did you learn through blogging?
- How do you keep up with all social media platforms?
- Who is the blogging icon to you? Why?
- Who is your style icon?
- The best blogging advice you’ve ever received?
Can’t wait to read the answers! x